Archive for the ‘FSM’ Category

Oh what tangled webs we weave…

Wednesday, March 15th, 2006

Because I didn’t want to foul up the namespace in my JavaScript tabber, I attached the tabber object directly to the DOM element it was controlling, then I had to add several “pointers” back and forth between the object and various DOM elements so they could get to each other without relying on any variables. When you look at it like this, it seems rather complicated:

Tabber diagram

I wonder if there are any issues with “memory leaks” due to IE’s faulty garbage collection… let me know if you notice anything.

Update: Hold the presses, I found a few more links. Some of these pointers are not used except when creating new elements to add into the DOM, so I can probably just switch those to use local variables. It shouldn’t matter, but with IE’s faulty garbage collection, who knows if it might cause problems.

Tabber diagram 2

Update :o h good god, the squiggly lines have taken over!

tabber-diagram3.png